Yesterday I went along to the lunchtime meeting of the Brisbane SharePoint User Group. Â Great presentations by Kristian Kalsing and James Milne.Â Kristian has posted a blog entry with a list of references on Creating SharePoint Site Definitions.Â A pretty good meeting all round.
Alarmingly, it became apparent in the discussion after the presentations that many attendees, myself included,Â were not aware that “BizTalk Bill” Chestnut was in town and scheduled to talk on BizTalk Server 2006Â to BrizTalk, the Brisbane BizTalk Community Group, that very evening.
Obviously, I can only blame myself for not getting over to http://www.briztalk.com/, registering and checking out the Events page.Â I should then have recorded this important event in my previous blog entry.
Help me out here
All thisÂ raises some questions, like:
- “Is there a single place where Brisbane’s Microsoft-aligned developers can go to keep track of all developer events coming up this week?Â â€¦ or this month?”
- “If not, what’s the best way to set this up?Â A fixed web page which everyone can link to?Â A blog to which everyone can subscribe?Â The mother of all mailing lists?”
- “How is this done in other states?”
- “Who is going to keep it up to date?”
- “Should I volunteer for this?”
If anyone has any suggestions/answers to questions 1 to 4, please leave a comment or contact me.Â (Question 5, that’s a rhetorical question, isn’t it?)
(PS. As it turned out, I had a parent-teacher interview for No 3 son last night, so I was going to miss Bill anyway.Â I hope Ray Trattles took good notes for me.)